Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Good News / Bad News:

I have been without power for a week now. We had an ice storm from hell!! Where I live and 13 other counties have been declared state of disaster. My backyard is a mess 2 large hickory trees that were there are mere stubs... like 2 toothpicks sticking up form the ice covered ground. Our shed which held lawn equipment and the boys' bikes looks like a pancake- smashed by large branches. I miss my warm comfy waterbed, which we couldnt use without power. I will be so glad when things get back to normal!


I will leave you with this story.....





Stevie Long, 4, was successful in scaring off two home invaders who had been holding a gun on his mother, her boyfriend, and four children; Stevie had quietly excused himself, put on his Mighty Morphin Power Ranger outfit, grabbed a plastic sword, and then burst on the scene, yelling, "Get away from my family!" The startled men fled empty-handed. The bad news is that a counselor, after talking to Stevie, said that the kid "fully believed he morphed" into the Power Ranger.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

LOL love the story. OMG that is aweful that you haven't had power for a week. What a pain. Hope the damage isn't too bad. Just think how good that bed is going to feel when you get back into it.

Have a good day.

Jada said...

I had totally blocked the memory of spending the night on an unheated waterbed until I read your post. It was one of the most miserable night sleeps I have ever had and unimaginably cold. I naively thought that if I had a slew of blankets and warm pajamas I would be fine. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. It was brutal and I am cold now just thinking about it.

Glad to hear your power came back on.