Friday, January 05, 2007

Wild Ride

Today is my birthday... yes I turned 34. I had the day off and wanted adventure.

To reward myself I decided to do my favorite thing Ride my ATV! I found a trail that travels up a ridge to the north running along an old fence line and then when you get along way up the trail it make a left turn around a sink hole and travels west down a narrow ridge. It is a beautiful trail, and then I came to the edge of the world, but being educated but not to smart I knew the world wasn't flat so I put my bike in 4-wheel, put it in low gear and gripped both hand breaks and started moving down the trail slowly and after I had gone passed the point of no return I had big deep ruts and a log laying in the trail. I stopped to study my situation and I concluded it wasn't good. I looked up and seen where others had made a trail along the ridge just above the one I was on, so I thought if I could maybe climb the side of the bank and get to the upper trail I could live through this ordeal. So I started turning slowly and it didn't take but a few feet to make things worse. Now I had one wheel going up, one going into a deep rut and one rear wheel high in the air. I figured out any more of this and me and the bike were going down this hill like a snow ball except there wasn't any snow and it was going to hurt. With everything balanced on disaster I desided I had to get off the bike if I was going to get out of this so I started easing myself off until I had one foot on the ground and then the other. Now I'm standing on the down hill side holding the bike from rolling over and by moving very slowly I gave it gas and eased it up the bank to the better trail. Now that I survived I will live to do something dumb another day.
Some of the tougher trails can be survived with about 90% good luck and 10% dumb luck. I know we only live once, but I'd like to make it a lot longer. It's not often you have your whole life flash before your eyes I only wish I could stop it and change somethings. But, riding the trails I'm sure I'll get a chance to see it again. Fun is what you make it, fear just shows up. It kinda put things in perspective. I will ride again :)

1 comment:

Leigh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you crazy girl!!!

Have a great weekend.