Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Big wheels to um Big wheels

My son used to ride his red and black big wheel up and down the sidewalk in from of our house for hours while I watched to make sure he didn't go onto the street or get hit by a teenager backing from the neighbors drive. He would always make sure to look for me from time to time to make sure I was in fact watching. Then he graduated to bicycle riding even with no training wheels! That led to rides around the block and in our neighborhood. We have always made him take a walkie-talkie just in case he needed us and never go more than 4 blocks in any direction of home.

He starts Drivers Education training school (by the way for homeschoolers cost $390.00, ouch) tonight.... I am terrified! How does one phase from that point of having total control of where they are and setting all the rules to letting them make the right decisions? I hope I have led them on the right path, but how can you be sure?

Can I make him 5 again?


:(

1 comment:

guttergirl said...

If you figure out how to turn back time, let me know. My son has his first real girlfriend. I keep reminding him I am too young to drive a minivan and way too young to be called grandma.
Good luck with driving. I am certain you have put him on the right path.