Friday, March 02, 2007

Just stupid

OK so there is this guy that turns used cooking oil into fuel for his car. He does this for himself only, he doesn't sell it. He is finding a way to rid his life of foreign oil and save money. The restaurants where he gets his oil have been taxed already on this "garbage oil" that would just be thrown into a landfill somewhere. Now our fine government shows up at his doorstep because our local news did a piece on him and his ingenious ways of benefiting the environment. They want to fine him and throw him in jail for 5 years for not paying taxes on his fuel.....WHAT! Yep he isn't paying state taxes aww poor government.... I feel so bad that they cant charge him 2.50 a gallon of gas and screw him out of the hard earn tax dollars they so rightly deserve!

Put it simply... they are harassing him because he found a way to buck the system.
I say good for him I just may have to look into adding cooking oil manufacturing into my home life for my cars.
If you would like to read the article click here it's really interesting!


Let me know what you think!

No comments: